Pages

Tuesday, March 26

Ready to kick some MAJOR Booty

There are a lot of things in this world that are outside of your influence. I am a strong believer that you should grasp those things that you DO have control over and control the crap out of them.

My name is Aurora, and I'm not happy with my body.

I'm not fat, by any terms. I'm often told that I'm thin. I'm aware of this. But I'm not concerned with how the WORLD sees me, I'm concerned with how ME sees me.

I want to look in the mirror and be PROUD, not just satisfied, with my appearance. I don't want to be afraid of wearing a dress or swimsuit. I'm 18 and I have cellulite, and I am not okay with that.

I know that if I don't take care of my body NOW, I won't be taking care of it later in my life.

My biggest obstacle is food. I. Love. Food. My idea of a good breakfast is a stack of pancakes with bacon. I mean, I LOVE food, okay? And I don't believe in diets. Diets leave you wishing for more and feeling like you can't eat happily. And most of them don't even work. I eat pretty healthy, considering most of the world. I eat gluten free, and mostly dairy free. I also eat a LOT, even though it isn't exactly unhealthy. What I'll be focusing on it exercise. My problem is my lack of exercise. I've never been in any sort of sport. I've never been a runner, and I can never make myself go to the gym consistently. I want to change that. I want to like exercise. Once you get to that point, you won't LET yourself get into a fat shlump.

Now, goals. I'm big on goals. Thanks to Elle and this blog, I'll be somewhat accountable to my goals, and hopefully I won't fall short.

Goal 1: I want nice abs. I don't mean just flat, I mean NICE. My sister is getting married in about 3 months, and the dress she picked for me is tight around my abdomen, which means that the whole world will be able to see my little belly pooch. Not the whole world, but you get the point.

I have fat ankles. It's genetic, everyone in my family does. as a result of this, my legs kinda blend into my feet, like they don't stop.Which leads me to Goal 2: I want ankles. I want to distinguish my ankles from my feet and legs. This requires some major calf work.

Goal 3: I want to be fit enough to win the Williamsburger. My school has a race of sorts every semester. I've always been afraid to do it. I am not only going to do it this semester, but I'm going to win. I have just over a month until the race. It consists of over a mile run, a swim(I wouldn't be able to tell you how far...), a rock climb, and an ascension up a rope. And I am gonna kick butt.

I am by far the largest of the three of us. But that's okay with me, because that's still not very big.

I'll be posting my workouts weekly. So you'll hear from me next Monday, probably.

Here is my before picture. It ain't great, and my legs look funny. That's cuz they are. There are funny lines on mah belly, that's cuz I was sitting down right before I took this.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. GO YOU FOR BEING AWESOME AND MOTIVATING AND KEEPING ME MOTIVATED. YOU ARE AWESOME.

    :-*

    ReplyDelete

Compliments