Pages

Friday, February 28

Challenge Yourself

Am I the only one who's terrified and extremely intimidated by the thought of going to the gym to work out? I have no idea how to use the equipment they have! Can't I just stay home and workout in private where I can't be made fun of by avid gym goers who think (and are right) that I have no idea what I'm doing?

Okay, that's not the point of this post. Yes, I am terrified of the gym, but I will face that fear when I get off the road in July to go to college. Meanwhile, I promised a new fitness challenge, so here goes.

I surfed Pinterest for some workout plans and then YouTubed  researched some of the exercises that I didn't recognize for proper form. 

I am doing an "at home" workout that requires no equipment or optional weights/something heavy for the russian twists and squats. I'll be doing these workouts every day around 4pm to create consistency, taking pictures of my progress every Thursday. At the end of a month I'll post the side by side pictures to see the improvement, and then switch up the exercises and add more in to challenge myself and continue making progress. Baby steps, right?




Here are the two workouts I plan on alternating throughout the week. The "Extreme Body Weight" workout almost killed me, can't believe I've gotten so out of shape! Of course, it's not a workout I am used to, so maybe after a couple more times I'll be able to do every rep (I had to take some stuff down a bit). The early morning workout is meant to be a sort of rest day without resting, it's easier but not slacking. You feel me?


Yoga anybody? People say yoga improves your strength, mental health, agility, flexibility, over all well being, endurance, focus, etc. Seems like something I should look into, right? I found a simple yoga sequence I felt would help with my hamstring flexibility and hopefully reap some other benefits, and will do it every other day. I'm no expert when it comes to yoga, any tips would be greatly appreciated! Maybe we can entreat a post from Aurora about it?

This challenge is about getting in shape and challenging myself.


Wish me luck!


***Important Update***
Due to a knee injury resurfacing, I had to stop seriously exercising, but I will be starting up again and posting my progress soon!

~La vie est belle, Bri~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliments