Pages

Thursday, April 18

Self Tanning Fail

Okay, so this was kind of my desperate attempt to get tan quick before I left Utah unexpectedly. It was a terrible idea, really. But I had spent several hours in direct sunlight and I didn't tan. At all. So, I mean, what's a girl to do after spending three months in Utah? You can't come back to Alaska NOT tan! No, instead you should come back splotchy. Ugh.

So I followed this article's instructions on how to apply the self tanner. Basically to the dot.

But then, I sat for two hours and I didn't seem to be getting darker at all. So I thought, "Well, might as well apply another coat of it, right?"Carelessly. Thinking "Oh it won't that big of a difference". Um, yeah, it made a difference. Also note that I went and laid under my blankets after I applied it, making it even worse.

Mistakes I made:
  1. I didn't apply enough lotion to my more dry areas, (knees, elbows, hands, etc.) and ended up with them much darker than the rest, even after several showers. 
  2. Applying a second coat soon after, and without being careful about making it even. 
  3. Laying under my blankets before it dried...
  4. I don't think I have the best self tanning lotion...

Does anybody know where I can get a good spray tan in Wasilla/Palmer area after this stuff washes off/fades? Something that won't turn orange or streak...

Here's some covert pictures I took in the airport. 





What are your tanning escapades? Leave me a comment below :)

P.S. Sorry for posting this late...it happened two and a half weeks ago...

~La vie est belle, Bri~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliments